More and more people are dependent on blood purification. Dialysis shunt surgery provides the necessary vascular access. If you suffer from chronic renal insufficiency, your kidneys can no longer purify the blood on their own. Therefore, your blood must be purified regularly during a blood purification (dialysis) - now or in the near future.
Dialysis requires permanent, easily accessible and inflammation-proof access to the bloodstream. The human veins are not naturally designed to provide the necessary blood volume for dialysis.
An overview of our services
Our centre offers the entire range of services in dialysis access surgery. Depending on the individual requirements, the body's own vessels, prosthetic shunts or implantable dialysis catheters can be used.
- Initial installations and revisions (native and alloplastic) of shunts
- Open and closed insertion of a demers catheter
- Application of extreme shunts (e.g. iliaco-iliacal AV shunts, groin shunts, HeRO graft etc.)
- Treatment of possible complications such as shunt occlusion, bulging of the vessels or functional disorders
- Interventional and open procedures for widening or re-opening narrowed or blocked dialysis accesses
- Stent implantations